Email Client Configuration - POP3
1. Open Outlook and click on the Tools menu.
2. Click on 'E-mail Accounts'.
3. The Email Account wizard opens. Select 'Add a new e-mail account' and press 'Next'.
4. Select 'POP3' and click on 'Next' to continue.
5. Note: You will receive these email settings from your mail administrator. Enter the following items;
Click on 'More Settings' to continue.
6. Enter a name for your mail account. We suggest you use your email address. Then enter your email address again for your reply email address. Click on the 'Outgoing Server' tab to continue.
7. Check the box for 'My outgoing server requires authentication' and select 'Use same settings as my incoming server'. Then click on 'OK' to continue
8. To test your settings and to make sure you can connect to our mailservers click on 'Test Account Settings ... '.
9. If the test is successful you will a screen similar to the one below. If not go back and check your settings and check the troubleshooting section in this manual. Click on 'Close' to continue.
Note: If the test does not 'Find outgoing mailserver' or cannot 'Send a test e-mail message' and all of your settings look correct then you should check with the provider of your Internet connection. Many cable, telephone and dial-up Internet providers block connections to remote outgoing mailservers (SMTP) to prevent spamming from their networks. If so, you will need to use your internet provider's outgoing mailserver. Get the name of the mailserver and enter it in the 'Outgoing mail server' text box. Then try the test again.
10. Click on 'Next' to continue.
11. Click on 'Finish' to complete the setup.
Copyright 1996-2012 Intersessions Inc. all rights reserved
Box 555, Tenafly, NJ 07670
201-569-1762 or 201-926-5170 (Voice), 201-569-7898 (Fax)